Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Vintage Knitting

I've been trying to find a pattern for a cardigan for the boy, but I can't quite figure out what he wants... I think it's a real old man cardi, one that looks like it smells of tobacco and that you suspect has some mothholes under the armpits.

Anyway, I found that ebay is a fantastic source of vintage knitting patterns. The patterns themselves may not actually be so exciting but I am just sold on the fantastic cover photographs.

I know vintage knitwear models are easy targets, but just LOOK!

This one I might actually make


Posing in cars seems to be a popular choice:


and my favourite, from the 40s, according to the seller:

I hope it comes with instructions for achieving the whole look, including glasses, hair and pipe.

"So you say this bit goes into my anus?"

No comments: