Saturday, June 27, 2009

Living on my own

An opportunity has come up to live with a fried of mine who is moving back to Bristol soon. I won't be able to move right away because of my contract, but in any case I am quite attached to my little flat already. I'm weighing up the pros and cons at the moment. I guess having a housemate would not prevent me from spending my saturday mornings cooking elaborate breakfasts, listening to my new Regina Spektor album and admiring the teacosy I made last night, but it wouldn't be quite the same. It would probably help with me getting all self-absorbed and maudlin on the occasional night in on my own. Well, I will see.

In the meantime, I am feeling smug about my Eggs Benedict with Parma ham, perfectly poached egg (the best method seems to be using a frying pan with only an inch of water in it) and homemade hollandaise. YEAH.

Eggs Benedict

(I'm not just shamelessly copying a homely heroine by the way. I've been trying to make poached eggs for *ages*.)

2 comments:

A Homely Heroine said...

Ohh yummy. Nice retro cooker btw : ) I definately need to make my own hollandaise.....can you recommend a recipe?

Johanna said...

I went with Delia: http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/english/hollandaise-sauce.html. Was quite simple, but it doesn't keep well, I guess you have to make it fresh. Also you do need a blender of some sort.